ETF’s EXPLOSION
According to a new Standard and Poor’s report, assets in ETF’s have surpassed one trillion dollars.  220 billion was added in 2010 alone – one half from appreciation and the other half from new money.  Three top players in the ETF business share 84% of the market share – 45% iShares, 24% State Street, and 15% Vanguard. 

Sounds like good news, right?  Here’s the scary part – of the new money landing in ETF’s in 2010, 21% went into bond funds and 29% went into emerging markets… a total of 50% of new assets invested at exactly the wrong time!  Despite the good news, investors tend to have awful timing.  Instead of following the herd mentality – question it!  Think like a contrarian and you just might learn to get the timing right.

UP NEXT:

STAY INFORMED

Get the latest blog posts conveniently delivered to your email.


By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Addis Hill, Inc., 200 W. LANCASTER AVE, WAYNE, PA, 19087, http://addishill.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact